MBHS Job Post:
Seeking Qualified Clinical Social Workers (LMSW), Licensed Professional (LPC) Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists (MFT), and Life/Career Coaches
McMillan Behavioral Health and Addiction Services (MBHS) is a newly formed private practice counseling clinic located in Metro Detroit, near downtown Ferndale, Michigan. MBHS is looking to add to its team of experienced, compassionate, and professional healthcare providers. The MBHS team is vetted and trained in cultural competency and our team also recognizes the national conversation on systematic racism and violence to people of color, especially LGBTQ+ people of color. As part of its mission, MBHS is dedicated to creating a safe space for clients to build trust and rapport, to healing the effects of complex trauma.
McMillan Behavioral Health and Addiction Services seeks to provide treatment to those struggling with both chemical and behavior or process addictions. MBHS is looking to expand its team of healthcare providers in order to gain a better position during these evolving and uncertain times. MBHS would like to add more professional, competent and eager Clinicians, LPCs, MFTs, and Life Coaches to its emerging, newly founded practice. Specifically, MBHS is hoping to expand its Telehealth services to include more specialties, and also expand its reach within the state of Michigan, especially to rural areas where finding vetted, competent therapists is often more challenging.
The duties of a healthcare provider include:
- Conduct intakes, psychosocial assessments, including appropriate diagnostics assessments such as PHQ-9, GAD-7, ACEs, AUDIT, and other assessments as necessary to the presenting needs of the client.
- Diagnosis clients according to the current DSM V criteria, create an appropriate clinical diagnosis assessment, while appropriately assess client’s strengths, limitations, and other treatment needs.
- Using cultural humility and a culturally competent lens while navigating, diagnosing and assessing clients using the NASW Culturally Competent Guidelines.
- Work cooperatively with members of a larger treatment or service coordination team, either internally within the agency or externally in the larger community.
- Being responsible for all necessary clinical documentation, including but not limited to intake assessments, progress notes, creating and executing goals and treatment plans, and other documents; and completing these documents in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain detailed case files and other documentation that follows practice policies, and local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Being motivated and willing to actively participate in local community events, promotions, and other actives that promotes the services of the practice.
- Participation in case consultations and other staff meetings as deemed necessary.
- Conduct professional and appropriate Telehealth appointments via approved and HIPAA compliant video platforms.
- Actively research, make appropriate phone calls and other duties that assist the insurance biller to resolve insurance billing issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have valid Michigan driver’s license, free from restrictions
- Must have no prior felony drug convictions
- Must be able to work flexible work schedule
Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree from accredited learning institution.
Have a current and not expired, appropriate state licensure in Human Behavioral Science: Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate, Licensed Professional Counselor, or Licensed Master Social Worker, or other appropriate state licensure, free from restrictions.
- Will consider all levels of experience, including Limited Licenses and Life Coaches.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, and willing to be part of an energetic team.
- Ability to navigate, operate, and function professionally on Telehealth video platforms, Electronic Medical Records (EMDR) platforms, and other websites or platforms as necessary to complete certain job duties.
- Possess excellent communication skills, including written, oral and electronic.
- Experience with working within a cross-cultural clinical setting.
- Able to work independently, yet contribute appropriately to a team environment; work as part of team remotely from home.